Two Heart River Life Saving Station
Two Heart, MI. Lake Superior

           Back to Life Saving Service Home

 

Station Two Heart River, Michigan
Coast Guard Station #294

Location:

Near mouth of Big Two Heart River, Lake Superior, 8 3/4 miles west southwest of Crisp Point Light.

Date of Conveyance

None

Station Built:

1876

Fate:

Disposed of in 1945

Station Type:

 

Keepers:

Moses Chartier was appointed keeper on 17 MAR 1877 and left in 9 JUL 1889.

John H. Frahn was appointed keeper on 5 JUL 1889 and transferred to Station Muskallouge Lake on 24 JAN 1891.

Thomas H. McCormick was appointed keeper on 2 MAR 1891 and transferred to Station Ship Canal on 19 FEB 1900.

Albert Ocha was appointed keeper on 19 FEB 1900 and transferred to Station Eagle Harbor on 29 JUL 1912.

John A. Anderson was appointed keeper on 29 JUL 1912 and was still serving in 1915.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright 2001-2002 Michigan Lighthouse Conservancy. All rights reserved.
Revised: 01/12/07.