Middle Island Life Saving Station
Alpena, MI. Lake Huron

           Back to Life Saving Service Home

PHOTO TO COME

Station Middle Island, Michigan                             Coast Guard Station #253

Location:

North end of Middle Island, 5/8 of a mile northwest of Middle Island Light, Lake Huron

Date of Conveyance

1879

Station Built:

Unknown

Fate:

Turned over to the GSA in 1958

Station Type:

 

Keepers:

Donald McKenzie was appointed keeper on 28 SEP 1881 and transferred to Station Duluth on 26 MAR 1895.

Murdock H. McLennan was appointed keeper on 26 MAR 1895 and transferred to Station Duluth on 9 SEP 1898.

Eugene P. Motley was appointed keeper on  9 SEP 1898 and was still serving in 1915.

 

 

 

Copyright 2001-2002 Michigan Lighthouse Conservancy. All rights reserved.
Revised: 01/12/07.